You made the decision to become a health coach. You took the time to listen to all of the different experts, to learn about different dietary theories and how to build a business helping others to eat better so that they could live better lives. And you are passionate about seeing your clients succeed so that they can experience restored health and optimal wellness.
You walked away with a certificate and the dream of making a difference for each client with whom you work.
And although you know how to teach them about incorporating whole foods into their diet, how to begin crowding out junk food and how to begin cooking from scratch again, your client is stuck. They should be feeling better, but there is some nagging health issue that you just can’t seem to help them get past, no matter what you do. Changing how they eat by itself just isn’t working.
Your client is becoming frustrated as well because they are not getting the results they had hoped to get while working with you. And you are frustrated because you know that their health issues lie deeper within their bodies and require more help that what you are trained to give.
What are some of the limitations of health coaching?
- You can only work on generalized wellness with your clients. For some clients this approach may work to help balance out minor health complaints, but for most it will not.
- You cannot help clients with deeper health issues. It goes against your scope of practice to give advice that may be medical in nature, and to cross that line puts you at risk of having your business shut down.
- You want to be able to provide clients with results to build your business, but you find that you face far more clients who need help beyond what you are able to provide.
- Clients want and expect results, and want to see progress quickly. If you are working with them on a six to twelve month program and they don’t see the results that they expect, what will the motivation be for them to continue after a month or two?
- Recruiting clients may become difficult, as potential clients want to know that they can expect results, which is something that you cannot guarantee.
What if there was a way for you to take your training to the next level and work with your clients to get to the root of their health problems? Training through Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® to become a functional health coach can help you get the answers you need to finally help your clients with health complaints that cannot be resolved through diet alone.
Why becoming a functional health coach can change the game
- Using laboratory testing to uncover the root of a client’s health issues allow you to be able to give a client answers to what is causing them to feel bad where they may not have had answers before.
- Training with FDN will empower you to feel like you know enough to be able to truly help your clients to understand why they are dealing with the health issues that have been plaguing them.
- Knowing what the root cause of health issues is for a client will allow you to focus in on the body imbalances that need to be addressed, instead of guessing, grasping at straws and trying to chase symptoms to help them to get well.
- Using the D.R.E.S.S. protocol from Functional Diagnostic Nutrition®, will allow you to help your clients to uncover hidden stressors and unhealthy habits in their daily lives that can be contributing to their health issues as well.
- With the knowledge that you have, you can assist your clients in a way that will give them the results that they have been longing for.
- Happy clients will go and refer others to you, because you get results and that will help you to thrive as a health coach!
Becoming a functional health coach through FDN can help you to take your health coaching business to a whole new level. We will give you the tools that you need to be a much more effective health coach. And you will feel good seeing your client’s health and quality of life improve significantly. At FDN, we are not only experts at helping to give you the tools to use functional lab testing successfully for your clients, but we were doing it when no one else was. Now we can help you!