Got Mold: Summary
Today, we speak with Jason Earle, the founder and CEO of Got Mold? and the creator of the GOT MOLD?® Test Kit, to discuss the health implications of mold and how to prevent and manage its growth. This discussion involves how consuming good quality air is foundational for health, recognizing how often we breathe. This episode also illuminates how mold impacts air quality, thus contributing significantly to individuals’ health.
Jason emphasizes that mold growth in homes, regardless of its color, is indicative of a moisture problem which needs to be addressed promptly. He recommends the use of HEPA and ULPA air filters to prevent mold growth and improve air quality. In terms of legalities, Jason shares the importance of landlords’ responsibility in providing a fit and habitable space, thus protecting renters’ rights. He advises the renters to take advantage of the Implied Warranty of Habitability.
Practical solutions such as room ventilation and maintaining a humidity level of 40-60%, with a target of 45% are presented. Caution is advised while cleaning mold, warning against the usage of mold killers, and emphasizing the need for professional help in severe cases. Jason also discusses the important nuances of handling mold in rented spaces and resources to do so.
Got Mold: Topics
– The Importance of Air Quality in Health
– Personal Experience with Mold Exposure
– Air Quality as a Foundational Element of Health
– The Role of Air Quality in Health Optimization
– The Impact of Outdoor Air Pollution on Indoor Air Quality
– Recommendations for Air Purifiers
– The Importance of Proper Ventilation in Buildings
– The Dangers of Mold Growth in Homes
– Addressing Mold Issues in Your Home
– The Implications of Mold in Rental Properties
– Health Concerns Related to Mold Exposure
– Maintaining a Healthy Balance of Moisture in Your Home
– The Impact of Mold on Your Belongings
– The Importance of Professional Evaluation in Mold Remediation
– Understanding the Difference Between Moldy Space and Moldy Stuff
– The Legal Side of Dealing with Mold in Rental Properties
Where to Find Jason Earle
- WEBSITE: gotmold.com
- INSTAGRAM: @gotmold
- FACEBOOK: @gotmold
- AFFILIATE LINK: gotmold.com/?ref=mwrin2m
- DISCOUNT CODE: Detective10
More About FDN
For more informational and functional health-oriented podcasts like this one, go to functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/health-detective-podcast/.
To learn more about us, go to functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/about-fdn-functional-testing/.
Try FDN for free! functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/tryfdn/